Room Extractor Fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of the planned bathroom refurb I think it is time to swap out the extractor fan. The current fan is ceiling mounted (Greenwood I think), is yellowed and I do not think that it does a good job at getting rid of the steam from the shower.

Are newer ceiling mounted fans any better these days or would an in-line fan be better?

Also, whilst thinking about the bathroom I am considering the fans in the utility room and guest cloaks - both the same Greenwood type. Would the Xpelair Contour or VX100 be a good choice? Run-on timer for the guest cloaks would be a good idea

Any recommendations for suitable replacements?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A fan can only work if there is a route for replacement air, and clearly you want dry air, so better if that air comes from outside, so best option is the heat recovery unit that way it does not cool the home as much and the replacement air is from outside where in the main it is cooler so the air is drier.

You can get vents to fit in the door 1684945171031.pngor of course make the door a bad fit, but some where air needs to come into the house to replace the air pumped outside with bathroom extractors, cooker hoods, and tumble dryers, and if you don't then it can draw in fumes from any open flue fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back