Room stat with trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple years ago we ripped out the ancient gravity system and put in a condensing boiler with a mega flo.We had our plumber round doing a service (not plumber that installed) who mentioned that it wasnt good practice to have room stat in rooms with trvs.
Reading around the www. I think we havent been running it as efficentley and would be gratefull for some advice?

Ok so grant condensing in our utility is at about the half way mark for temperature.

Downstairs the stat is placed just after you enter room from the hall.This is a large kitchen diner and is obviously the warmest room in house. It has two rads at either end of room.In winter the hall needs more heat than in this room so we turn hall trv to max (5) and turn kitchen trvs to 2 or 3 so as stat set at 25 isn't turning of before hall heated, is this correct?
Ideally we would prefer less heat in kitchen and hall warmer.
There's a stat upstairs in landing which has no rad which is set at around 21 with bedroom trvs at 3 and bathroom one at 5.

Sponsored Links
I would see if you can get the room stat moved from the kitchen into the hall. The kitchen is a stupid place for the room stat as it has other sources of heat like the oven and hob. There should be no trv on the radiator where the room stat is located. So once the room stat is moved to the hall, you can just remove the trv head on the hall radiator.

It may be easier to get a new wireless room stat to avoid rewireing.

Many thanks, yes it is odd it's in kitchen, having just decorated I couldn't face wiring to hall so a wireless sounds good.Would I then have to remove the one in kitchen?

Sponsored Links
Its fine to leave it there. Then you can remove it the next time you redecorate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back