Room Thermostat comes on and off too regulary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I over the last few days and noted that the room thermostat,located in the hall,comes on between every 10-13 minutes and stays on for about 20-23mins and then this cycle constantly repeats throughoout the day.
Room thermostat is a Honeywell T6360 with lamp and is set to 20c. I also have a wall thermometer next to it which reads about the same temp.
When the thermostat fires the boiler the temp on the thermometer is still showing 20c. The heating is 24/7 so as you can imagine it is running about 40mins out of every hour all day!

surely this is not normal operation?

Sponsored Links
The heating is 24/7
Why?

How far away is the nearest radiator? Does it have a TRV on it? How hot is it?

Do you have a modern modulating boiler?

How many cu m of gas are you using per day? (per the meter readings)

Why?

How far away is the nearest radiator? Does it have a TRV on it? How hot is it?

Do you have a modern modulating boiler?

How many cu m of gas are you using per day? (per the meter readings)

The house takes long time to heat up so if its switched off overnight it could take 3-4 hours to bring it back up to temperature.

The is a small rad 70x70 about just over 1 meter away, no trv and would says its not too hot and but more than warm. Also the alarm control panel is right next to the termostat if that makes a difference. I have condensing glowworm boiler.

Over the last month, using about 9.5 cu m per day, but before that about 6.7
thanks

Cushnie it to a cm907.

Optimisation will take care of boiler start up time. . There is also a 3 degree offset to allow you to compensate for artificial heat gains.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back