Rotting a tree stump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a cherry blossom tree cut down this afternoon and am wondering what the best product is to aid the rotting of the stump and roots?
The stump is now about 150mm above ground.
There's a couple of roots which appear a couple of metres away then go back down underground.

Sponsored Links
I've had a cherry blossom tree cut down this afternoon and am wondering what the best product is to aid the rotting of the stump and roots?
The stump is now about 150mm above ground.
There's a couple of roots which appear a couple of metres away then go back down underground.

A jcb would pull the lot out in about 30 seconds. Find a man and digger and make him an offer! It will save a of hassle with chemicals and you can quickly reuse the area again once you fill the hole with soil. Cheaper and quicker than using a stump grinder.

It's in my side garden, surrounded by a brick wall.

Would a stump grinder be the best option for me?

yes. tree surgeon or landscaper will do it in about 10 mins.

Sponsored Links
Surrounded by a brick wall? If it's close enough to the stump the grinder won't get in there. The machine will need a degree of access too.

youll get it with a tree surgeon with an alpine magnum grinder if access is such a problem. there are smaller grinders too. most will easily fit through a standard door opening and can work right up to a wall

thats what we use. you can get them through an even smaller door when theres 3 of you and you lift and turn them on their side!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back