Routing of vent from combi boiler

fjt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate has a small terraced house and wants to install a new combi boiler. Currently no gas boiler exists and the hot water is via an immersion heater.

Being a terraced house the location of the boiler is going to be limited, and the ideal position from what I can see is in the small kitchen extension. However to take the flue out of the room would mean that it sticks out into the next door garden. I'm guessing you can't do this even if you take the flue up the side of the extension and vent above the roof?
Just wan to check before he starts getting people round to quote.

Otherwise it looks like the boiler will have to go in the upstairs bathroom where the current hot water tank is and vent through the roof via the loft space.

Sponsored Links
Yep cant vent over someone elses property. Roof flues are straight forward for any installer so should present no problem at all.
If in bathroom, boiler will prob need to be in a cupboard to meet electrical regs

Boiler siting is much easier now as there are plume diversion kits which allow the discharge to be moved up to a few meters away.

Best to ask the advice of the CORGI installer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that his kitchen wall is on the actual boundary line of the properties?

If there is any space from the wall to the boundary then he could have a pluming kit fitted and terminate above the roof as you thought.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have another look at the kitchen location at the weekend to check out the boundary situation. If it ends up in the bathroom then it will go in the old airing cupboard currently occupied by the hot water cylinder.

Bearing in mind that this is "your mates" property, why are you taking such an interest rather than letting him take the advice of a qualified professional installer?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back