Routing Tank Overflows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving the central heating header tank to a different position in the loft and am moving the hot water tank from the airing cupboard to the loft. Both side by side.
Can I take the overflows from both tanks into a home made device like a “funnel” and connect this to the pipe that currently exits to the side of the house over the drive. This would avoid precise measuring of overflow lengths and linking with tees.

I take it that having both vent pipes exiting into this “funnel” would not be allowed? I realise that the upper bend would have to be higher than the normal water level in the relevant tank.

What are the regulations about covering tanks in the attic and how do you get the vent pipe through the cover?

Thanks Mike

Sponsored Links
If you use material that can withstand 100 degree celcius water (just incase, and to be on the safe side) and won't just melt, and if it doesn't splash out or anything, I'm sure it will be fine.

What do you mean vent pipe through the cover?

What you talking bout dude

1 the expansion /vent pipe
2 the overflows

The vent pipe s cannot be conected in any way to discharge into one tank your`e mixing central heating water and domestic water together(here comes a brown bath)
Leave the 2 overflows seperate

Do it right :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
I think he means they will be seperately fed both feeding into a "funnel", then out the existing overflow through the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back