Rover 214 Immobilizer

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi we have trouble finding the magical Emergency Key Access Code (EKA) on my nieces Rover 214 1998, to work around a immobilizer that has a mind of its own. Can anyone advise where to look, on the car or elsewhere?
Tried the local dealer but it was not an original Irish car, so cant help.

Any guidance why the immobilizer only works now and then would be much appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I'm thinking too early, but Rovers of this era had a timeout on the immobiliser which required you to press the unlock on the remote again before you could start them.

Always catches you out when you've just loaded the car with shopping etc.

Presume you've sorted this by now, but if struggling have a look on http://forums.mg-rover.org/ and help should be available.

FWIW I had a 1996 218D, certain types of radio interference can affect the immobilisers I believe. Parking Rover's in a certain car park in Northampton is not advised as the Police Station and Fire Station are nearby, can only assume it comes from there but something in that area plays havoc with Rover immobilisers, as I found out. :confused:

Once I got the car going using the EKA, got it home and after a couple of days it was fine. Never went back to that car park and never had another problem whilst I owned the car. (Not tried with the 45 i've had since!) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks, got the code and it killed the problem.

Back