Rumbled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a Baxi talk last night, you know get the local installers drunk and they go home thinking Baxi is best thing since sliced bread.

Anyhow on the way out as a parting shot one of the guys said "do you give advice on an internet forum?"

Shucks will have to be careful what say now on. Should have hidden behind Scarboroughcorgi or summat!

Not big deal, happy to stand up be counted even when wrong (which may be often).

We had a good crack, and yes Baxi is a wonderful company. Seams they have their eyes on Gianoni. I suppose if you're too thick to make a good heat ex might as well buy out a company who can. (that is if you subscribe to the ss heat ex theory, which being a full on Buderus supporter I don't, though now I repair a companies boilers that use the gianoni. better keep trap shut).

Anyhow Baxi now do a band a range that is so cheap I might use it for my cheap boiler, but haven't convinced self these gianoni heat exes are good long term bet. Still thinking bout it all.

Sponsored Links
I too spoke to Baxi recently. They were showing the new Baxi Duo Tec which does look like a nice boiler.

I know these fellas are sales men but I cant help asking them technical questions.

I asked are the parts inter changable with the baxi 105e, I was thinking pump, themister and diverter valve. Yes everything is the same he said even the PCB.

Now Im no rocket scientist but that was bo**ocks.

Hope they arnt reading this I want some freebies.

Same on the Alphas, the band a and band b are the same outside the casing seal even down to the pcb, except for the biflow heat ex which has to be set differently as you don't want the pump to operate for hot water on a biflow, but you could put the wrong pcb in and it would work up to that point.

This cross polination across the families is a good point, just one pump DV thermister pcb etc to stock and you can fix the whole range. Bring it on.

Yes I thought the deal they were offering was a band b killer, there is now a band a boiler within the reach of the poor in every seaside town (bedsit single parent benefit living on cities).

Sponsored Links
I get all the Baxi mailshots. I get the Baxi girls telephoning every few weeks to see if there is anything I need.

But they have NEVER invited me to an Installers Evening. Nor have I been to a CORGi Evening OR an IPHE evening either.

In short I have never been to anything since Ideal launched the Icos/Isar!

Do you think they are frightened of me?

Tony

I personally have a loathing of Baxi Solos..They switch off at the slightest provocation, and the overheat stats are so sensitive once the boiler gets into middle age. Also...having just spent an hour this evening wrestling with a floor mounted Ideal Classic where the pilot jet was blocked...I pretty much hate them as well as the pilot is mounted right at the back and is screwed into an alloy casting and it was stuck in so bl***y tight I thought I was going to snap the damn thing off. I won in the end!

Its 11pm, can you tell I've just done a 14 hr day with 15 min for a sandwich and one cup of tea all frigging day.

Alfredo

andsam said:
How are the Alpha repairs going ?

Beautiful piece of kit, dead reliable and easy to problem solve. You get a free radio control hellicopter which you can sell on ePay for a hundred notes at the moment.

I think Buderus should sack worcester engineers and use me instead, but since they won't I have to work on one of the second rate boilers instead. (Buderus being the best boiler available at any price).

Went to fix a beaten up eurofighter for a slum landlord last night as his Polish residents had refused rent. When I got there, very decent folk were living in this slum and keeping it a lot nicer than the scum who usually occupy those streets. They were all over me with hospitality and I didn't have to dodge the bights of a Staffy or try to hear what the boiler was doing over the sound of the very loud telly.

Anyhow, it hasn't worked for a year they've had three "plumbers" round all of whom said they were off for parts never to return. First fault, poor mains voltage, new dpfss sorted that, next problem, hell of a racket from pump (they didn't put a Wilo in these from new did they?) next problem no flow proving, another problem intermitend and lazy dhw flow proving, next problem looses pressure daily, can't view output of prv as installer "plumber" has sent it under the floorboards with no tundish. Pressure vessel didn't have water in it, fan and aps seemed to work, thermisters seemed to be OK.

So all they need is a prv, tundish, recharge of pressure vessel, two new diaphragms, a powerflush and a new manufacturers part pump. Landlord is going to want this done for less than a oner no doubt. Don't you just love landlord jobs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back