Running 1st floor bath outlet and kitchen sink together?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im reving up to sorting out the mess of plumbing behind my kitchen sink, which is coming out to be altered to take a dish washer anyway.

My question is, would it be sensable to run the waste from my shower bath which comes down the wall behind the sink into the same pipe as the sink/dishwasher, into the 4" soild stack in the corner of the room? Bath and Sink at 40mm but I could run the common leg in 50 if that would help.

My concern is that if the shared pipe blocks (with a mix of kitchen waste and shower hair!) I could potentially have it back up and drain the bath into the kitchen sink.

Both wastes have to go behind the dishwasher so one pipe would be preferable but I could just about get two 40's in.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
And if you where running them together, would you bother running them in 50mm?

Neat way of getting two 40mm's into a 4" soild stack?
- Boss pipe, taking one in straight and the second through three 90's into another boss?
- Pair of clip-on stap bosses on of top of each other stright into the side of the pipe?

Soil pipe is not used for anything else, but obviously I dont have the fall for putting two boss pipes ontop of each other.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
If you must combine the pair, then 50mm has to be better than 40. If keeping seperate then go for the two strap bosses, one above the other. 3x 90's in that arrangement is asking for trouble...... :eek:

Sounds fair.

Very much going to be seeing how it goes, but at the moment having taken the unit out from under the kitchen sink im knee deep in knocking out damp plasterboard!

Photos to follow...

Daniel

Infact while im here you can have a sampler, how do you like these eggs?

My particular fav is the use of a t piece to join some 32 solvent weld 32mm onto the 40mm waste from the bath on the left, with a large 3/8th drive socket stuffed into hole, and some kitchen paper stuffed into the hole in the middle of the socket.

imag0644yj.jpg

Daniel

Well having been up till 1 to get the water back on having ripped it all out, as ive got two lodgers, we went with the easy way out and routed a single peice of 40mm for bath, k sink, and washing machine. We shall see!

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back