Running a Spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A new shower pump is going to be installed in my airing cupboard next the the hotel water cylinder. Obviously it needs an electrical supply, the only one I have that is immediately convenient id the immersion heater supply (13amp) in the airing cupboard.Am I allowed to take a spur off of this , and must it run to a fused spur connection. I take it I cannot put a normal 3 pin socket in there. That would be easier as then I could put a 3 pin plug onto the pump, and would be easier for connection/disconnection. Not sure if if this allowed though. Any advice would be appreciated. Nothing else is supplied by this immersion heater supply apart form the hot water itself.

Sponsored Links
The answer is no, if its a functioning immersion heater supply, it should be a dedicated circuit. You should be able to pick up a cable under the floor from a ring circuit and then fuse down the spur to correct amperage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back