Runnng an Rf cable to second tv to view sky. distorted sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to the site. just wondering if anybody has experienced the issue im having and if anybody has any advice to solve it?

I have a new type sky+Hd box and have run a co-ax cable from the box to a second tv. the picture is fine and there is sound present, however when music is on or bass in background the sound is distorted. I know its not the t.v. because on digital tv it works fine, also when viewing Blu-ray its fine.

This makes me think that its something to do with the cable maybe? any ideas anyone?

thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
The latest Sky+HD Digibox has no RF output so what you describe is impossible without using an IO-Link device. (If you are using one, that's your culprit.)

yes I have used the I-O link. is it faulty then or do you suspect a bad connection?

Sponsored Links
I know its not the t.v. because on digital tv it works fine, also when viewing Blu-ray its fine.
You seem to be jumping to unfounded conclusions. The analog tuner and analog to digital conversion inside the TV will be seperate from the DVB tuner/demodulation/decoding stuff. So it's quite possible for one to be fine and the other to be crap.

It's also possible to have a tuner that works fine with broadcast quality signals but is very intoleratant of modulators with poor frequency control.

Finally even when working as they should the picture quality of a system based on such a modulator will be much worse than we have come to expect from modern systems.

OK THANKS GUYS. The picture quality I'm happy with and the sound is there, its just something ive picked up on with certain frequencies it gives a crackly sort of sound.

with certain frequencies it gives a crackly sort of sound.
I've made my suggestions. Just waiting for you to test them out.

(If we're going on a spelling bee, you can add "seperate" and "intoleratant" to the "analog" list of typos!) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back