Salamander Condensafe - Any Advantage to Installers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Salamander has just brought out the condensafe. It is an in-line device that reduces the acidity of condensate waste from PH4 to nearer PH7.

Apart from the obvious advantage to the environment, and the fact that presumably you would not need to buy lime chippings for a condensate soakaway, what advantage is there to the installer? For instance would still need to plumb into a waste system of some sort? and not simply deal with the condensate in the same way as you would with an overflow pipe.

Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
one advantage i would be interested in,if the ph was reduced enought to be able to run into copper pipe, I have enquired from Salamander but they were,t sure.

Maybe things have changed?

bobw1956 said:
one advantage i would be interested in,if the ph was reduced enought to be able to run into copper pipe, I have enquired from Salamander but they were,t sure.

Maybe things have changed?

Why would you want to?

Combi changes where exsisting boiler in kitchen etc;
new boiler in airing cupboard,only way to get condensate out is through bathroom,but maybe bathroom floor is tiled/laminated?

If you could use cooper then why not pick up the old boiler flow or return, and use that?

Gives more options

Sponsored Links
Aha, that makes sense - ta - would much prefer to just poke it through the wall though.

I was joking - I meant that I would prefer to use a condensafe and then just poke a bit of overflow through the wall and ..... that's it - not actually going to happen though unfortunately :cry:

The condensafe is a nonsense. It's neutralising effect only lasts for a year, after which you again have acidic condensate - back to square one. In theory they could be changed every year, but anyone who thinks that is going to happen is a fool. It's just an excuse for installing sub-standard condensate discharge pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back