Salus RXWBC605 / ST621TX woes - advice appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright folks,

I'll keep it short and sweet:

Problem - Salus ST621TX thermostat failing to pair/control | Salus RXWBC605 receiver failing to respond to inputs

Details/Timeline - I moved into a flat on 20th November. I replaced the batteries on the thermostat, checked each radiator's dial settings and confirmed the heating was firing up as expected.

Over the next few days, noticed that things were getting quite hot. Realised thermostat not controlling boiler. Realised boiler is actually firing up every few minutes. Boiler was at 0 bar, I've repressurised now up to 1.5

Thermostat is on, and responding to inputs, but I don't think it's paired. Looking at the receiver, despite being switched to "Auto" the red LED is on constantly.

Putting the thermostat into pair mode works, however pressing the pair button on the receiver does nothing. Furthermore, moving the switch on the receiver from "Auto" to "Off" or "On" does nothing. So unless I turn the boiler off at the switch, heating is on constantly.

I'm really not looking forward to my first month's bill. An engineer is booked out for a visit on Monday but I really want to get this fixed.

Is there anything I can do from a DIY perspective to get this sorted? I was thinking about maybe resetting the receiver by unplugging/replugging - but not sure how involved a task that is.

Boiler is a Greenstar CDI, if that helps.

Kind regards and cheers for reading,

Sponsored Links
Greenstar 29 CDi classic - today, the receiver light is flashing red and the radiators are off! Very weird.

this is like drawing teeth, is it a system or Combi boiler, telling us half of the name tells us nothing both work in completely different ways, do you have a hot water cylinder ?

Sponsored Links
this is like drawing teeth, is it a system or Combi boiler, telling us half of the name tells us nothing both work in completely different ways, do you have a hot water cylinder ?
Sorry Ian! The only info stamped on the boiler is just that - Greenstar 29CDi Classic. It is most definitely a combi boiler though. I do not have a hot water cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back