salus wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome all. I'm hoping someone can help me out with connecting new wireless stat with connection: L,N, COM, NO in place of the existing old honeywell stat that has only two wires: perm live and SL. Also there is honeywell programmer, seperate for HW and HTG, that has 8 connectors L,N, NO, NC(not connected), COM, last 3 are double for HW/HTG. Whole system is sundial S with 2 valves. I was thinking to leave programmer in place to control HW and set HTG on constant then use wireless to program/temp. Obviously I know where to get L/N. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.
regards

Sponsored Links
Make sure the Live and Neutral to the new stat receiver are taken from the wiring centre.
If you can identify the Switched Live connection in the wiring centre (SL that went to the old room stat) it should be connected to NO in the new one plus a short link will be required to extend the live across to the COM terminal.

With the above arrangement the old programmer should have no effect on the central heating.

Any particular reason you're replacing the Honeywell with a Salus? Seems a bit of a downgrade to me!

thanks for replies so far. well current stat is propably 30 years old and is in the hall and is very difficult to control temperature in living room/bedrooms as hall gets colder. so I'm looking to control the temp by wireless stat where req. By wiring centre do you mean box in bedroom near valves and pump?
regards

Sponsored Links
If that's where all the boiler pump and programmer etc wiring is brought together it will be the best place for the new receiver.

Hello!! Thanks jackthom. I've done the job as per your advice, works as intended. But I have a concern about the fuse/spur that isolate heating as is 3amp as required for honeywell programmer but now I have salus wireless programer connected to that circuit and that requires 5amps. would you recommend changing the fuse?
regards

The Salus unit won't require anything near 5 amps to run and will be perfectly OK sharing power from the existing 3A fused supply in the wiring centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back