Samsung FF SR-S2028CSS Leaking water+Ice on back panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have an old Samsung fridge freezer which has started to leak water. There is also ice forming at the back corner of the fridge compartment near the vent in the back panel and seemingly behind the vent but we can't get the back panel off to see what's going on there. I'm presuming it's too clogged up with ice to allow the panel to be removed. The fridge feels like it's cold enough.

Does anyone have an idea what needs to be done. The fridge is 10 years old but replacing it would be prohibitively expensive at the moment so a DIY repair would be the ideal option if possible.

My first thought was a blocked defrost drain hole which I seem to remember having trouble with on another fridge but I can't see a hole anywhere inside to unblock and there's no mention in the user manual about there being one.

Sponsored Links
Is the fan noisy when you open the door [fan stops when door is opened to avoid drawing in moist warm air] a clicking noise indicates ice is forming round fan. Should be a channel near bottom which collects water and allows it to run out to rear of machine.

No, not heard any noise.

I was looking for the drainage channel but can't see it, just the back panel with the vents in it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back