Sanding belts - recommended brand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering whether it is worth paying a premium for sanding belts from manufacturers such as Bosch or Festool - have you experimented? Do more expensive belts last longer? Can anyone recommend a manufacturer with the optimal compromise between quality and cost?

Sponsored Links
Have Bosch belt sanders and only bosch belts seem to fit so don't have a choice.

In my experience, you can feel the join in the cheaper non-branded belts when you're sanding - which tends to make the belt sander 'jump' a bit. I haven't had this problem with the bosch belts i've used in the past.

Sponsored Links
In my experience, you can feel the join in the cheaper non-branded belts when you're sanding - which tends to make the belt sander 'jump' a bit. I haven't had this problem with the bosch belts i've used in the past.

ive always used makita belts been ok, i have a makita sander

if you can get festool belt to fit yours its well worth a try, i have a festool ros and the paper is good quality, lasts ages

Try Screwfix for sanding belts of various sizes. Good quality and affordable - they sell to the trade, so would soon get to know if anything wasn't up to snuff.
Axminster Power tools also good.
You must get the right size - check youir owner's manual

norton (or other) blue zirconium - sharpness lasts longer, pretty much essential for hardwoods if you value your time.
you can get them a lot cheaper than screwfix. eg bnd abrasives.

otherwise no name red aluminium oxide, not convinced that bosch etc; offer any more wear for the money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back