saniflo plus strange noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my macerator is making stranges noises (i've uploaded a recording to http://www.sturobbie.co.uk/sani.mp3 ). 
Today I managed to access the macerator and found a pile of hair around one of the valves, which I thought was the problem, I removed all the hair and almost all of the water and then reconnected it all up. It seemed to work fine for about 4 flushes of the toilet and then the noise returned. It then stops working for about 10 mins which I assume us to protect it from overheating. I've checked that the blade chamber was clear (it was) and that none of the holes were bunged up (they were al clear). I'm probably going to have to disconnect the macerator and take it apart to investigate further, but I was wondering if anyone might recognise the fault just by the noise its making to save me a lot of faffing around!

Also, there ae two drainage pipes connected to the macerator with what look like overlapping clips with lots of little teeth, how do I disconnnect those?

Any Help/Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stu

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it is truly sh@gged to me. A mixture of seized motor and the gears chewing themselves to nothing.

Not that I have any idea how that bit of a Saniflo is assembled, and even less of an inclination to find out. If it were me I would just buy a new one to avoid fishing around in people's poop.

Thanks Dan, I was hoping it wouldn't be terminal, but I think you're right :( so it looks like my credit card is gonna take a hammering to buy a replacement :(

It doesn't look like there are non return valves from the waste pipes into the macerator, do you think its worth me adding them? We have occasionally had odour come out of the plughole

Cheers
Stu

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back