Satelite installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needs some advise please.

Just renovated a house and left all the coax satelite cables in the loft.
My question is do i take all the cables direct to the LNB (quad) or is there a switch i can buy 4 in and 1 out to the sattelite??

Or any additional gadgets i need for the install. Freeview only

Sponsored Links
For domestic installs, the cables go directly between the LNB and the receiver.
There are ways to split and distribute, but that requires additional equipment and it still needs 4 cables to the LNB.

Freeview is a terrestrial service, unrelated to satellites.

I have a hybrid LNB two outputs go to Sky Q box, and other 4 to old satellite boxes, the pair to Sky Q work different, but the 4 other outputs use the supply voltage to decide if vertical or horizontal polarised, so if I daisy chain the boxes first box selects vertical or horizontal so second box can only get half the programs.

So it is one output to each satellite box for most installations.

Sponsored Links
The central question remains though whether @Sid1968 is trying to use a satellite dish feed from the Quad LNB to feed signals to the aerial inputs on some tellies. If so, then the dog has rhe wrong scent.

I guess we'll have to wait though until he visits again and updates the thread. Anything else is just speculation on out part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back