Save me from the cold please (UPVC door)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
UPVC door is sealed at the top, but leaves a large gap at the bottom. I can’t for the life of me figure out what else to fiddle around with.

Attachments

• IMG_8686.jpeg
    IMG_8686.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8684.jpeg
    IMG_8684.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8685.jpeg
    IMG_8685.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8687.jpeg
    IMG_8687.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
It looks like a Trojan hinge, I believe there may be compression adjustment on the bottom...

Attachments

• Door-Hinge-Adjustment-Removal.pdf
    588.6 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Look on the corresponding spots on the door leaf and see if there are adjustments there. If it's a manufacturing defect, then your are out of options on the adjustments.

Alternate solutions that will work to some extent are:

Stick on door leaf to close the gap.
stick-on-seals.png

Get these pants with built in fire! I am using one and have another on order. It's 100% polyester and will cling to skin if it catches fire. Other than that, it's effective and comfortable inside another pair of trousers.
pants.png

Im guessing you are pulling the handle up to engage the locking mechanism when you can see the gaps at the bottom ? Manufacturers will tell you a door isn't airtight/watertight until all locking points are engaged ( hence pulling the handle up ) .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back