Saving by borrowing?

It troubles me that the casual reader of this forum might 'pick up' on some of the nonsense talked here.

If you want to make £££millions overnight then keep dreaming with the dreamers. The title of MILLIONAIRE or BILLIONAIRE should not be taken as an adjective of their wealth but of their place in society. They truly are 1 in a million & definately 1 in a billion.

If you work hard & don't make too many mistakes then you'll do OK.

Sponsored Links
It troubles me that the casual reader of this forum might 'pick up' on some of the nonsense talked here.
That is a problem isn't it?

Take this for example:
The title of MILLIONAIRE or BILLIONAIRE should not be taken as an adjective of their wealth but of their place in society. They truly are 1 in a million & definately 1 in a billion.
Semantically and arithmetically inaccurate nonsense.

If you read it again, you'll see I put "average annual return of about 6%"

Maybe I should have made it clearer that it was net not gross?
Makes no odds as to whether it's nett, gross or unicorn..

Neither a borrower or lender be and the banks would go bust in week.

Sponsored Links
......My idea was to borrow £10,000 and buy 10,000 Premium Bonds.........Onto the maths, I could borrow £10,000 at 2.8% and pay back £178.64/month over 5 years. Total cost of borrowing £718.40.

I’ve just checked our premium bond winnings for the last 6 months between myself, my wife and our daughter although she cashed most of hers in last month as a house deposit. Exactly £300. That was £50 for my wife, £100 for me and £150 for my daughter. We all had over £16k of bonds each. Between us, the best we ever did was when my daughter won £175 in one month (3 x £25 and 1 X £100). Some months, with nearly £50k invested between us, we got nothing.

A return of 1.25%

not out of the ordinary.

I guess QE was "designed" to improve liquidity (posh word for cashflow)

Sponsored Links
Back