Scaffold Towers - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating an ex-LA 3-bed semi built in 1957. (See '3rd House Renovation) in 'New Projects').

I would call myself a part-time semi-pro handyman, used to cobbling it through on a shoestring.

To cut to the chase, I have starlings nesting in the roof. I don't want to patch up the hole to be greeted one day by the sound of feeble, despairing chirping of sealed-up chicks ... The gestation research indicates, for starlings, 3 day's nest building/egg-laying, 12 days incubation, 23 days fledging. I won't be moving in just yet.

The signs are that replacement of soffits at least are indicated. I can't run to the cost of a builder. Heights aren't too much of problem for me, but I won't work off ladders. I've heard that scaffold towers are not too expensive, any advice on buying, use and storage of these apparently handy and money-saving items would be very much appreciated.

Or indeed how to rid oneself of nesting birds, in an environmentally-aware and ecologically sound way ...

Sponsored Links
1- try the tools forum. 2 get a cuckoo ;) Probably cheaper to hire an ali tower than buy a steel one - I know they are ok up to about 6 foot , and rust horribly. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back