Scam calls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife is currently still baiting a cold caller, allegedly from BT, after over half an hour.
He's now trying to wiggle his way out of it. She has him tied up in knots over what he has said and discrepancies in what he is saying. It's hilarious just listening to her.
Why he doesn't just hang up is beyond me! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I used to make up a credit card number & details and keep it on my desk for these jokers. Once had a chap phone back, after giving the details, said it was a MasterCard not a Visa... he called a third time which I laughed at him... he then hung up. They are persistent :LOL:

This guy allegedly sent my wife a 6 digit code to her phone and asked her to tap the code in order to return it to him so he could give her a 30% discount on all the services they provide her with, (he was unable to tell her which services they provide her with due to data protection). She kept asking why she should give him personal information when he wasn't allowed to give her any of her information due to DP.
Eventually she told him that she worked in the security business, had various phone, email and data transfer accounts with BT because she had to keep separate branches of her business totally separate from other parts of her business. Such as property security was kept separate from finance security, which was kept separate from personal security etc, etc, however, all of these different branches of the company were accesible with Suffolk Police as they were her highest client. This meant she had to have 'state of the art' equipment, which she has been using during this call, and even though his number had been withheld it had shown up on her equipment as 'seeming to come from the Manchester area with a code prefic of 0161, however, the verification programme which ran alongside it showed it was not being made from Manchester and he should realise this was true because in approximately 3 minutes there would be a team of officers entering the reception area of the building area he was calling from.

I was sitting on the sofa listening to what my wife had been saying, (trying like mad not to laugh out loud) and could hear him getting frustrated in the background but not what he was saying, just the gist of it from my wifes replies. After the last comment she made she simply turned round in her chair, (it swivels), looked at me with a straight face and said, "He hung up on me." We both roared with laughter so much my son came down from upstairs to see what was going on. Couldn't understand why we were both crying with laughter.

She did something similar a while ago, kept a guy on the line for ages and then told him the police would be knocking on the door any second. He hung up as well. :LOL: :LOL:

I had a phone call from plod the other day

Well he said he was plod investigating credit card fraud and some one was using my card ?

Told him to go and do one he rang back said I should have more respect !!!

Told him to go and do one again :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I had a phone call from plod the other day

Well he said he was plod investigating credit card fraud and some one was using my card ?

Told him to go and do one he rang back said I should have more respect !!!

Told him to go and do one again :ROFLMAO:

I had one call a few weeks ago.

If I didn't smell a rat already, him calling me "bruv " tipped the balance in favour of "scammer" :D

A mate had it a few weeks ago with his Santander business account. He got a call and said he’d get a text with a code, the chap on the phone wanted the code “badly” The code arrived and my mate hung up.

His online banking showed a request for x amount of funds! From some sketchy name etc. They kept on him for a few days.

What would they have done with the code ? I’m with Santander and the code is used while logged in to confirm a transaction.

What would they have done with the code ? I’m with Santander and the code is used while logged in to confirm a transaction.
Can you gain access to your account using a OTP, if you forget your password? - something along these lines...

I had one call a few weeks ago.

If I didn't smell a rat already, him calling me "bruv " tipped the balance in favour of "scammer" :D
Haven't been called "Bruv", but I have had dealings with various salespeople who have called me "mate" and addressed me and Mrs S "Hey guys".

These people should really know better.

I hate it when on these police progs they call everyone mate, I was pulled over a while ago and the tw#t called me mate, I told him my name said call me by that or sir not mate, I think he still had teenage acne, and wear your hat when you speak to me!

Sponsored Links
Back