Science question

H

holmslaw

There is a branch of science based on the belief that everything mankind will ever need is already here, it just has to be discovered, does anyone know the correct name?

For example, a scientist needed a specially shaped lens for an experiment. He approached all the lens manufacturers who said it was impossible to make such a lens. He then mentioned his problem to an entymologist, who told him that the lens he required was exactly the same as some insects eye. With that info they were able to make a detailed study of the eye and make the lens.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There is a branch of science based on the belief that everything mankind will ever need is already here, it just has to be discovered, does anyone know the correct name?

I think this contradicts Godel's axiom of incompleteness which, in simple terms, says that whenever a solution is found for one thing (via an axiom), then that solution generates a whole new load of problems which the current set of axioms cannot explain. ;)

I think this contradicts Godel's axiom of incompleteness which, in simple terms, says that whenever a solution is found for one thing (via an axiom), then that solution generates a whole new load of problems which the current set of axioms cannot explain. ;)

see Dex this is why it doesn't pay to solve a problem, cause it just makes more problems for the rest of you :LOL:

biomimicry, innovation inspired by nature.

Thanks, I'll go with that for the time being.

Johnmelad, the sceptic, why are people sceptics, because they are stupid, and they know they are stupid. They think they can hide their stupidity by disbelieving everything and that way they will never be wrong and everyone will see how smart they are. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Johnmelad, the sceptic, why are people sceptics, because they are stupid, and they know they are stupid. They think they can hide their stupidity by disbelieving everything and that way they will never be wrong and everyone will see how smart they are. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Some people are stupid because they will believe everything they read, (mostly on tinternet) but some of it is still bull... :eek: :LOL: :D

Sponsored Links
Back