Screed floor dust sealant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new extension is just about complete, but I understand that I need to leave the 70mm screed to dry out for around 12 weeks before laying an engineered wood floor. We would like to use the room in the interim but the bare screed is very dusty. Is there any way to temporarily cover or seal the surface which would still allow the drying process? Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cardboard, hardboard, wood fibre underlay (half way to laying the engineered floor!), old carpet, anything that would dry out.. Though I think I'd just have a big dust control mat in the house and teach the kids to wipe their feet before wandering throughout the clean part of he house. I actually have his situation, a liquid screed in the conservatory that I havdnt got around to tiling yet. It was laid nearly 2 years ago and has been trafficked daily. It's no longer a major source of dust. Intense vacuuming routine may be enough, see how you go (though your screed sounds like sand n cement, so may differ)

Did you install underfloor heating? It can be used to force dry the screed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back