Screwfix no nonsense trade bare plaster paint vs Fortress Trade matt emulsion bare plaster paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I've read loads of people recommending Screwfix no nonsense trade bare plaster paint, and I would like to use it myself. However, it's not in stock anywhere! For the same price you can get Fortress Trade matt emulsion bare plaster paint from Screwfix. Does anyone know if this is a simple rebrand? I've looked into the details a bit more, and the coverage and drying times of both are slightly different, leading me to think that they are different paints. I've read loads of reviews of the no nonsense, so I feel confident of using that. But there's not many people who have used the Fortress that I can see. I know there are other options out there for doing a mist coat, but I don't do this very often and so I'm looking to avoid any possible mistakes that I can.
Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
The Coshh sheet states the product name as Screwfix Fortress Bare Plaster Paint, as Crown appear to be the supplier I would hazard (Arf!) it's made by Crown exclusively for Screwfixso this will be the replacement for the No Nonsense paint, that having been discontinued. I agree it appears to be a different paint spec, guess you'll have to chance it. I've always been pretty happy with Leyland trade paints.

Thanks for that - I'm right in my thinking then I guess. Maybe it's time to abandon the bare plaster paint idea and start watering some contract matt down by some amount! Thanks for your input!

I've always had great results with Dulux Trade watered down.

Sponsored Links
I bought a 5litre tin of No Nonsense from SF just over a week ago in Ipswich.
Decorator swears by it.

I bought a 5litre tin of No Nonsense from SF just over a week ago in Ipswich.
Decorator swears by it.
Get it on Ebay - it's very rare now!! Seriously though, there's none in stock by me

What will the top coats be? Some paints don't adhere well to contract matts.
Thanks for this, I hadn't thought about that part yet. I've watched quite a few videos that mention diamond matt as being really good, so I was probably going to start my search there. It will definitely be water based paint - I know that much for sure! Are there any paints in particular that you would recommend/avoid?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back