Screws for radiator fixings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had two radiators off the wall in a bedroom I've refitted and am ready to screw them back onto the wall now.

I get confused with the fixings and drill diameters etc - please could you help? Ones you hit with a hammer and then screw etc etc?!

I have to drill through12.5mm PB which I've dot and dabbed to the wall onto a membrane and then through into brick. I know that drilling the membrane will pierce the wall but don't worry it's not very damp and I'll tape the hole made with the sealing tape.

The main objective is to get into the brick as I want a good anchor for the fix.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A 75mm or in some cases a 100mm screw is needed though i suspect for something as thin as a rad bracket i would say a 75mm - #5 regular posi will do it.

Drill a 7mm hole and use brown plugs. Tap the plug through the board and into the masonry using the screw as a punch. It helps to locate the screw into the plug prior to tapping home.

Some fitters supplement the fixing with a squirt of adhesive to the back of the bracket, but only do this once you have all fixing drilled and ready and do not intend taking the bracket off on a regular basis.

Sponsored Links
Fantastic! Worked a treat!

I D&D the PB by doing this

oldroyd_p_dot_dab%20%28Copy%29.jpg

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back