Scrim tape over tapered edges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all quick question that i've never really thought about until now.
Just put up a stud wall, once i've screwed the tapered edge board to it, do i then scrim over the joint and push the tape into the tapered valley and fill it with easyfill (i usually use multi-finish) or let it bridge the valley so to speak?

Simple question i think, shouldn't invoke too many snobbish answers about how to plaster 'correctly', otherwise my house will down type of replies. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi kjacko we only ever use tapered edged boards and what I do is before skimming I put a coat of multi up the join then bed the scrim in then another thin coat to fill the "taper" I do this on all the joints then when its gone off I skim as normal. If I have to leave it till next day or longer before I skim I put a brush of pva over the plastered joints and let it "pick up then skim it. We can only get tapered edged boards where i am.. If you are dot and dabbing then when you have finished do exactly the same procedure but use the dry-wall adhesive to fill over your joints... There is no problem skimming over it....
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back