Sealant for tiny hole in tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a sealant/solution to the following?

I have a miniscule hole in one of the chrome arms on which the bath mixer sits. The hole is not visible to the naked eye, but is seeping water that accumulates on the seal between bath and the wall.

Sadly access to swap the tap/arm etc is problematic as the bath has recently been boxed in - against wall/expensive stone tiles etc etc :(

Tap/material is probably chrome plated brass or similar.

Thanks in advance for any advice, apols if similar question posted before - had a look but couldn't see one

cheers
R

Sponsored Links
Hmmm! If the hole isn't visable then you could try something like:

EVO-STIK plumber's mait® quick leak repair putty.

It drys a Dark Brown colour though so as I say it would need to be out of sight but it seals most leaks. Here's a link. look about half way down the page. Its Part no 12474 50 g plumbers mait, quick leak repair putty. £2.73. You'll should be able to get it at B&Q.

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm?url=http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/096.asp

Is that one of the slightly bent verticallish pillars then?
If so, remove the tap, leaving two big oles at the nuts. Dry it all off inside, then use something on the inside. You could use anyting which sticks, such as Fernox LS-X. Car body underseal spray would work but probably isn't WRAS approved!
Pipe cleaners, balls of cotton wool....

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for these - its complicated also by the fact that the bath pillar has a right angle bend, and hole is towards the bottom so hard to reach from inside (but will try) so was thinking I'd have to use something on the outside of the pillar
cheers
R

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local