Sealant / glue that can withstand heat and water??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am working with a metal surface that has some scratches to it and I need to make it smoother (fill those scratches) with some kind of sealant that will be smooth and not come off due to temperature or water contact. I worked with a gas fitter a few years back, and I know about hawk white, but from what I remember of it that probably isn't what I need this time. Is there any other sealant or glue that would fit that bill??

Sponsored Links
I had Googled already and couldn't find anything that described resistance to both high temperature and damp / water. That's why I thought I'd ask here. Saves me sending e-mails to every shop I suppose. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Solder is unaffected by water ot temps up to about 250°

If higher temp needed then silver solder to about 350°

No more than 120 degrees. I am not a gas fitter, and only have a soldering iron at home. I am not even sure that would solder to a metal surface or if I could apply it so thinly that I could put enough on the metal surface just to make it level and smooth, but have no salient points on the surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back