Sealing compound/paste around the olive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of my compression joints are dripping slightly around the olive. I've disconnected the fittings and the olives around the pipe look fine, as does the pipe.

Is it advisable to coat the olive in sealing paste? if so do I do this and leave it to dry BEFORE inserting it back into the fitting?

Sponsored Links
if u hav paste dry off the joint & try it . refit joint straight away. I always use a couple of revs of ptfe tape instead. dont mater about being wet then.

if u hav paste dry off the joint & try it . refit joint straight away. I always use a couple of revs of ptfe tape instead. dont mater about being wet then.
paste/ptfe will help iron out any imperfections in pipework & fittings :LOL:

Paste is great if you want the joint to leak, because over time it dries and shrinks and cracks.

PTFE is good if you never want to have to remake the joint every again. Ever.

Sponsored Links
It must be your joints I keep having to wipe clean and put tape on. :D

Don't know, The Doctor don't known, The Royal United Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases don't know, and the Royal United Hospital don't know.

Haven't asked the vet yet :LOL:

OK. Fingers crossed at this end. For an answer if nothing else.

Can't see it happening, they have only been practicing for a little over 2 years :rolleyes:

Winding up aside old chap, I hope all is well, Good luck & God Bless.

Why thank you, as I'm laying there in the nude and the machine is shacking the life out of me I shall remember your kind words. :evil:

Hm, well, does any of us have a point?

I mean, why are we really here? Is there some divine purpose to it all, or is it just cosmic enthalpy in all its celestial glory? Are we trapped in a pointless and unlikely ballet of quarks and imploded nuclei, all destined to disappear into featureless and unaccountable dark matter?

Imagine all the pee-per-er-erl, living life in peeeeeeace...

Hm, well, does any of us have a point?

I mean, why are we really here? Is there some divine purpose to it all, or is it just cosmic enthalpy in all its celestial glory? Are we trapped in a pointless and unlikely ballet of quarks and imploded nuclei, all destined to disappear into featureless and unaccountable dark matter?

Imagine all the pee-per-er-erl, living life in peeeeeeace...

Beautiful.......

Has someone given `brush cleaner` to Softus again? because he`s gone all fizzocotacal, physocotical :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back