Sealing damp patches

pam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small damp patch on my living room wall. It's been caused by all this rain we get these days. Do I need to seal the inside and the outside of the wall or by doing this will I trap the damp inside. I'm not sure what product is best to use for this. Cheers for your help.

Sponsored Links
Need more info........is the damp showing black mould or just wet or behind the furniture etc............

I was just thinking would it not be better to find what is causing the damp say a broken gutter and curing that?

I have black mould on an interior wall (the front of a closed chimney breast)- it was underneath the covering - how do you deal with black mould?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies masona and breezer. The damp is caused by the rain being blown in to the corner of an open porch to my front door. The damp patch dries out when the rain hasn't blown in, but comes back each time there is heavy rain. I haven't had the place long, so I take it this problem has just been left for the last few years and not sorted out. The porch is too small to have another outside door put on, so that's why I was hoping I could treat the outside wall, to stop the wet getting through.
I'm hoping to paint the living room wall, but the problem will still be there if I don't find a way of treating it first. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I've been experiencing black mould and dampness behind my some of my bedroom furniture. This has also resulted in blue mould appearing within my wardrobe and drawers. There is an air vent (previously an chimney opening) behind the wardrobe close to where the dampness is.

Looking for a little help and advice on whats causing it and more importantly how to best treat it.

I have black mould on an interior wall (the front of a closed chimney breast)- it was underneath the covering - how do you deal with black mould?
You need to treat the cause first, probably rain getting into chimney, should have a vent in it? Mold can be wiped off with a little bleach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back