Sealing pipes behind shower unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
Just joined today and I'm hoping for some good advice!
I am about to install a Mira Event XS power shower. It will be going onto lathe and plasterboard wall which will be finished with backer board and tiles. My pipework will be going up the inside of this wall, and in readiness for the backer board I have stripped off the lathes in bathroom. The other side of the wall is the landing and I don't really want to spoil that. My concern is that once I have fitted the hot and cold pipes into the shower unit, the space through the front of the unit seems a bit cramped to be able to waterproof and seal the pipes in the wall. Someone said to me to leave lots of flexibilty in the pipes for fitting, but that will make an even bigger gap to seal. Or do I set the pipes exactly so, seal them and then offer up the unit?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back