secom engineer code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got secom engineer code?
Am self employed alarm engineer, working on large Galaxy system, ex secom contract but dont really want to default panel and reprogramme?

Sponsored Links
Am self employed alarm engineer, working on large Galaxy system, ex secom contract but dont really want to default panel and reprogramme?

Or maybe a way to zapp it into engineer mode with a quick dab of 230volts......

because from another thread "" dodgy engineer.Where do i stand ? ""

Yep, I will admit, I have done this at least on 2 occassions, really old alarm systems with bells that cannot be reached without a picker due to extensions etc.
if bell goes faulty, have touched bell cable onto 240v fused supply, will blow bell electronics up and the fuse.

Took him or her a year to admit it......

Lol. Very funny

I wasnt the engineer involved in that particular incident.
Was taught "that trick" by an old school Chubb Engineer.
I know its used as a quick fix to silence bells before noise complaints are caused.
Have only ever done it at the control panel end.
Have seen many dodgy and unsafe practices in my ten years doing the job -
using alarm cable as mains cable to power panel etc

Would never do it in the described in the other thread, was just pointing out that "mainsing a bell" is not that uncomman

What Galaxy, there are so many & different ways of defaulting just the codes.

Oh and the 'bell thing' been done for years has it not? Seen it many a time over the years.

Sponsored Links

Or maybe a way to zapp it into engineer mode with a quick dab of 230volts......

because from another thread "" dodgy engineer.Where do i stand ? ""

Yep, I will admit, I have done this at least on 2 occassions, really old alarm systems with bells that cannot be reached without a picker due to extensions etc.
if bell goes faulty, have touched bell cable onto 240v fused supply, will blow bell electronics up and the fuse.

Took him or her a year to admit it......

LAUGHED MY ****ING SELF TO SLEEP =)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back