Sectional garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I need planning permission for a sectional garage? I've read on a website somewhere that a sectional garage doesn't need it because it is regarded as a portable building and will be under 30m2 and under 70m3. However I'm not sure tat this is still the case.

Sponsored Links
andypandy said:
Do I need planning permission for a sectional garage?
No just building regulations as long as it's not within 5m of your property otherwise comes under planning and no higher than 3m for a flat roof or 4m high for a pitch roof & doesn't take up more than 50% of the garden area. Pop down to your BCO for their free advice & planning reg book as it may differ in certain area. If you did a rough drawing they will tell you what you need to do, garages planning are normally straight forward.

the other 'planning' consideration is how close the garage will be to the highway. It appears that most councils wont let you put a garage nearer to the highway than the house without planing permission.

To be honest simply phoning your local planning department will answer these questions. Most are fairly helpfull.

Cheers

Chris C

Sponsored Links
Sorry to jump in on this thread, My next door neighbour is planning to take down his sectional concrete garage and he is giving it to me . In the past there was a garage in my back garden and the base is still there it will be within 5M of the house but less than 50% of the garden area. Will permision be needed?
Regards
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back