security light bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
My backyard security light has stopped coming on although I still hear the click when I walk past it as if it is working, so does this mean that it may just need a new bulb? If so do I need to turn the electric off to replace it or is it safe to leave it on?

Sponsored Links
Hello All,
My backyard security light has stopped coming on although I still hear the click when I walk past it as if it is working, so does this mean that it may just need a new bulb? If so do I need to turn the electric off to replace it or is it safe to leave it on?
I really feel that if you need to ask this question it would be best and safest to get in an electrician to deal with it for you.

Hello,
No harm in checking that the bulb hasn't blown.

DO ensure that you have the circuit 'OFF' whilst replacing the lamp,
(as, if the light should turn on and it is halogen etc the lamp will get very hot, very quickly ! :eek: ).

Good Luck

Ed

Also worth noting that if it is a halogen lamp then dont hold it with your bare skin as the oils from your skin will cause premature failure of the lamp, always cover the new lamp with a dry piece of cloth or use the wrapping from the packaging to hold it with.

If the fitting if faulty and needs replaicing then that would be notifiable to the council.

Sponsored Links
If the fitting if faulty and needs replaicing then that would be notifiable to the council.
Is that correct,because when i replaced a bulb on my outside light the srew holding the front on was rusted so i had to disconnect it and take it down to get it open and change the bulb and then put it back up again so inaffect i sort of changed it.

Also worth noting that if it is a halogen lamp then dont hold it with your bare skin as the oils from your skin will cause premature failure of the lamp, always cover the new lamp with a dry piece of cloth or use the wrapping from the packaging to hold it with.

no it wouldnt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back