security lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have three security lights with sencer fitted ,one on front,one on side and one on back side.back side does not work at all.even you walk infront of it,it does not click.side one clicks but does not switch on when you walk infront of it.i have changed bulb but still same.this light has boiler flue close bye and it has been getting lot of steam when wind blows that direction.the one on front works but switches on when windy.all lights have two setting dials under neath one with moon pic and the other with star pic i think.which one is for sencitivity and time setting.are their any lights or brand which are not affected by wind etc.thanks.

Sponsored Links
Moon pic should be timer. Have you made sure that the new tube is seated properly? and not touched it with your fingers(this will seriously reduce life of tube)

Moon pic should be timer. Have you made sure that the new tube is seated properly? and not touched it with your fingers(this will seriously reduce life of tube)
yes mate,i have used tissue paper to re place the tube.

Sponsored Links
You will need a voltage display device like a multimeter (NOT a neon screwdriver)!!

Remove the lamp and put voltmeter on AC volts.

For the side one (which clicks) Test if there is voltage across the lamp pins when the item has clicked. Also look carefully at the place where the lamp sits. I have seen the contacts drop off on cheap light fittings.

Do same for the back side one. If no volts you'll need to take it off the wall and check if there is power on the terminals.
Don't forget to switch it off at the mains before messing around with it, there may be a loose connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back