SECURITY PIR TRANMITTER FLOODLIGHTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking for some expert advice re above.
I recently had the misfortune to have an attempted break-in via a patio slide door. My bedroom is above the patio door and I awoke because of two quick in succession cracking noises and the rear security light coming on.

The cracking noise was the result of a jemmy being applied to the 3 point locking door. As the magnetic contacts had not been broken the external alarm was not set off. However, I have had to have the patio door replaced now to a 5 point locking system. The police think that the culprit was looking to quickly grab the keys to my Golf DTI sat on drive. However,keys rightly or wrongly in bed with me.

I am now looking to add a Transmitter Floodlight and a plug-in receiver. Has anyone any recommendations/advice etc.

Many thanks

Graham Turner

Sponsored Links
Im sure theres a product that sounds an alarm in the house, but a simpler method is to have the PIR also switch an indoor light and a buzzer on too. The light outside might not scare them, but a light coming on indoors will. You could have the indoor light on a 20 second delay relay.

And btw, I have my car keys in my bedroom with me too. Its what the police recommend.

another thing

City Electrical Factors (challenger brand) do a pir floodlight with guilt in camera,
it records to a SD card,
i personally have not fitted them (as sorry to say i am a proffessional installer of security productS)

but from reading the gumph that comes with them it seams like a good product.
i think they are about £100.00 and you can set them up with not much difficulty

me personnel would have a antitank mine and a set of trip wires to my place to deter the little buggers from nickin my stuff !!!

but the local constabulary dont really like it

and i also sleep with my keys to the vans and my BMW !
and i have a police linked alarm !!!!!

John

Sponsored Links
Im sure theres a product that sounds an alarm in the house, but a simpler method is to have the PIR also switch an indoor light and a buzzer on too. The light outside might not scare them, but a light coming on indoors will. You could have the indoor light on a 20 second delay relay.

And btw, I have my car keys in my bedroom with me too. Its what the police recommend.

Steve.
Thanks for advice. I have actually gone for a TR Titan set-up. Transmitter and a receiver which will set flood light on and an internal light/radio.
Very close to your ideas.
M<any thanks

Graham Turner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back