Self Ignite

C

cantaloup63

Knowing how busy you and your moderating team are doing such a superb job running this site :) , would it not make sense to allow posters to delete their own posts when they make a mistake instead of editing and typing in the word "delete"?

Sponsored Links
So "Self Delete" rather than "Self Ignite" :D :D

I agree, many other forums allow a user to delete their own post during the edit period.

Sponsored Links
Maybe lay off the booze cant and you would'nt make so many mistakes?
I only drink Friday and Saturday - what's your excuse? ;)

Notwithstanding that, a delete post facility is a feature of php forums, of which DIYnot is a fine example, so it only requires a global setting to be changed.

A self-delete option, allowable before a response, might be quite acceptable.
There is, however, the possibility that someone could post an "error". It is responded to by another poster. The original "error" post is then removed, possibly making the response nonsensical.
This happens quite often when posts are removed by the mods', but to allow it as an option might be advantageous to a mischievous poster.

Enhancing another train of thought about how many posts are removed before the poster is removed or suspended entirely: I'd like to see some kind of entry replacing removed posts. Something like "post removed by mods'", but leaving the original posters tag in place.
Then a poster might have the opportunity to have an idea about how many posts they have had removed.
It would also avoid the possibility of some responses appearing nonsensical even when the post has been removed by the mods'.

It would usually only be available as long as no other posts are made after it.

Sponsored Links
Back