Self-sealing screws and washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd one, this! I'm trying to roof a garden shed with recycled plastic sheeting. It appears to be an ideal material in many respects, but suffers from enormous expansion and contraction with temperature. The easiest way to get round this would be simply to drill greatly oversized holes and use some sort of flange-headed screw, not done up too tightly, so that the sheet can move under them. I'm looking for something a bit like a Tek screw, that comes with a washer with a bit of a sealing pad on the underside - but bigger. Ideally something with a head about 3/4" across, maybe even a bit bigger. Do such things exist? I can't think what to search for.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant! Thanks! I don't suppose you know what diameter the clear plastic ones are? (First Screwfix item number you posted). I like the idea of the little snap cap over the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back