Selling a vehicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the process of looking for another motorhome, had a run to a large dealership to look at one we liked, anyway after a lengthy inspection of ours they offered a trade in of £20k, the guy did advise us to sell privately. Last time I sold a vehicle privately I put an ad in the local rag, I tried a we buy any camper and they offer the same. Now looking at Gumtree, do any of you good folk know of a good selling site?

Sponsored Links
We are in the process of looking for another motorhome, had a run to a large dealership to look at one we liked, anyway after a lengthy inspection of ours they offered a trade in of £20k, the guy did advise us to sell privately. Last time I sold a vehicle privately I put an ad in the local rag, I tried a we buy any camper and they offer the same. Now looking at Gumtree, do any of you good folk know of a good selling site?

How much do you think it's worth?

There are facebook groups specifically aimed at people seeking campervans, I am in a few as I was looking for one.
Although not in that price range :)

ALthough beware the scammers on all selling sites.

Sponsored Links
Wherever you advertise, be aware of scammers.
Unless you have the cash in your hands, don't give them the keys.
And if you go for bank transfer, make sure you call your bank to confirm money has reached your account and it's not just pending.

I sold my last motorhome on eBay. The phone instantly started ringing with traders offering me low bids, telling me how my price wasn't realistic etc. I eventually (the next day) sold it for full asking and had two more people in a rush to buy it. It's not the right time of year to sell a motor home.

They are funny things, you lose a load in the first year and then hardly anything for the next 5. I had mine almost from new, with <1k miles on. Sold it 5 years later and only lost 15% after putting 25k on it. If yours is an under 10 years old, without even knowing what it is, I would say it's worth at least £25k. Under £20k and you are looking at older vehicles many of which will have some problems.

Sponsored Links
Back