SEMI CONCEALED METER BOX (FLOODED)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called at a property and found that the gas meter was under water inside the meter box which was outside on a block of flats and so i called BG has they installed the meter and so i isolated the meter (at risk).
They came out and said to me they would leave it isolated untill tomorror and they would get someone round to fix the job.

A week whent by and i got a call from the landlord and he says that the meter had been sorted.
I once again traveled 50 mile round trip to find the meter was still half under water and looked to me has no work had been done to the meter box to fix the problem.
I also had a look at the row of other meters at the side of the one i was working on and these where also full of water and the gas meters fully under water.
Should i report BRITISH GAS to the HSE and Corgi or what.

Sponsored Links
Transco (replacement)'s responsibility.
They're good at doing nothing in cases like this though. Makes me cross.
I'd turn the whole run of meters off and drive away. I'm getting like that. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back