Serious problem with wooden framed windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an old tenement with high windows (approx 6ft), they are not original sash but look as if they've been there for a while. Last winter water leaked in around the top and top-most edges at the sides when the wind & rain were at their heaviest. There is a small gap where the frame meets the interior wall in some areas, which is where the water came in from. The paint around these gaps also blistered.

If I hang my head out, I can see quite large holes at the frame/exterior wall join which I assume were made when the original frames were removed. My Dad came and did a polyfilla & expandable foam job on it which did the job but I'm assuming this is not a permanent solution. I have no money for a professional fix but am worried this will not cope with another winter.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if you have builders foam and its watertight then it will be ok this winter

it should however be coverd up as its not a finnish in its own right[renderd over for example]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back