Servis 1200 Washer Dryer spin banging

jmb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Our Servis 1200 washer dryer has started making an awful banging on spin.
I looked at it today, and if I turn the drum by hand it grinds at one point in the turn, feels like its grinding against the bottom of the outer cylinder. It also doesn't seem to turn "centrally" - i.e. as it rotates, it moves up and down by about an inch. I also seem to be able to pull it forwards towards the door by a cm or two where it then seems to sit more centrally in the rubber seal, but if I let go, it drops back towards the rear and down again.
Any ideas what's broken? Bearing perhaps? I'm not sure how the spinning bit is held in place, is it simply on the shaft at the rear, or should there be some sort of support at the front that has gone? I took the back off but couldn't see anything obviosuly wrong...
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
drum surport gone ,sevis went bust about 18 months ago .be luckly to get parts now ,total strip down drum out and poss split the drum ,unless its a welded drum then its scrap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back