servis m6002s washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have put a y connection onto this washer as it only has 1 inlet, it was connected for cold water only. but now i have connected to both hot and cold, it works ok with the hot water, but as soon as i turn the valve to open on the cold water it seems as though the cold water is running into the hot water system, do i need to fit a non return valve onto the hot water side? and is there such a fitting?

Sponsored Links
A machine with one inlet can only be connected to the cold water supply ( I think ?? ) If you attempt to connect both supplies the result will be exactly as you describe. The cold water will flow into the hot water system untill the pressures are equalized !! You do not want this to happen !!!

I would stick to the simple use of cold water fill and let the machine do the heating. ( my opinion only ).

Also it will not be possible for the machine to control the temp of the wash if you are feeding it with VERY hot water.. You woolies will be only good then for an action man !

thanks for the info, i have already returned it to it's original set up and it is fine, i sought info regarding the machine and it is A rated for energy efficiency, meaning that by the time the washer filled to level using hot water, the water would only be luke warm and still requre the thermostat to heat the water to temp. also exactly as you state woolies would be fit for action men.
my other issue was bad odour from the machine but i have now remedied that also.
thanks again for the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back