Severely reduced hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I was wondering if someone can help. I have a titan flowmaster (Unvented) system with a Worcester boiler linked to a Zelmet expansion vessel, serving a normal home.The hot water flow has all but gone. Thus far I have removed the control group - cold feed into the Titan - and cleaned out the mesh which wasn't too bad. I've reassembeled it but the hot water flow throughout the house is still the same. The Titan Flowmaster is at 3Bar and the Zelamet is at 1.5Bar. No sign of leakage anywhere, and the mains supply pressure has not changed.
Can anyone out there offer some guidance on the next move please.

Sponsored Links
Hi all.
I was wondering if someone can help. I have a titan flowmaster (Unvented) system with a Worcester boiler linked to a Zelmet expansion vessel, serving a normal home.The hot water flow has all but gone. Thus far I have removed the control group - cold feed into the Titan - and cleaned out the mesh which wasn't too bad. I've reassembeled it but the hot water flow throughout the house is still the same. The Titan Flowmaster is at 3Bar and the Zelamet is at 1.5Bar. No sign of leakage anywhere, and the mains supply pressure has not changed.
Can anyone out there offer some guidance on the next move please.
Its got to be something linked to the pressure reducing valve,you need to see what the flow rate is,try filling a bucket from the prv direct,it cuold be faulty or blocked.Is the mains pressure OK in the rest of the house,if so you know where the problem lies

Hey thanks for that. I'm off to grab a bucket now. The Mains pressure is great throughout the house, one point though. In the shower if the mixer tap is set on cold the flow is as expected, only when the temperature is increased does the flow diminish.
I'll let you know how the PRV check goes. Big thanks there for your help.

Tried the check upon the PRV which is ok. I looked at the Grundfos Selextric pump which is also working, to the extent of taking it to bits. Upon listening to the pipes I can hear water trickling through the Hot Water Draw Pipe (top of the Flowmaster) as oppose it flowing. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Tried the check upon the PRV which is ok. I looked at the Grundfos Selextric pump which is also working, to the extent of taking it to bits. Upon listening to the pipes I can hear water trickling through the Hot Water Draw Pipe (top of the Flowmaster) as oppose it flowing. Any suggestions please?
Sorry, but you really need to get a plumber in before you do any damage.Good Luck

Thanks for all of your help on this one. Must admit that I have exhausted all of ability on this. I'll take the easy option here and grab a pint before calling the plunber.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back