Sh City Link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago I was sitting in my kitchen awaiting a delivery from Sh City Link, getting bored as you do I went to have a look out in the street to see if he was on the horizon, there on rug was a "sorry we missed you" note, long story short version, THE SAME THING HAPPENED THE NEXT DAY!!!! How he managed without alerting at least one of our dogs is beyond me.

After many phone calls we eventually got out parcel. End of story? NO!!!!

Our phone bill was an extra £13 and after phoning Virgin that was us on the line to yes. You've guessed it Sh City Link. So next time we order online, if Sh City Link is involved we will go elsewhere!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, I am aware of these jokers but they aint the worst. Hermes are dire. Use Royal Mail and support the oldest mail service in the world or you might lose the universal service to boot

Sponsored Links
In cases such as this, my inclination would be to put a formal complaint into the supplier (whether a company or an individual) and, in the case of e-bay, leave negative feedback, citing the carrier as the reason. This very often focuses the mind (of the supplier).

Please also e-mail your MP to ask for legislation to outlaw the use of non-geographical numbers by carriers for contact regarding non or missed deliveries.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
there has been reports that they all do this.save them actually delivering the parcels to you which in turn forces you to go to collect them.good business sense eh.

I've watched our ParcelFarce delivery chap writing out cards before posting them through the letterbox and literally running away. ;)

Not sure how things stand these days but a few years ago a lot of couriers, (City Link, Parcel Force etc), were paid for each drop they made not for dropping cards through the door.
If this system were still in place there would be fewer complaints as the drivers would go out of their way to make the drop and get their fee.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Astra and Conny are both right.

If enought people do this - inform the vendor of the problems encountered with the couriers - they will either change to someone more reliable or lose business to their competitors who, presumably, will use a more reliable delivery company.

The same action could lead to Conny's suggestion that the courier would only get paid for parcels actually delivered. There'd be little point, then, in the lazy b*ggers bothering to write the 'you were out' notes, in fact delivering the parcel can't take that much more effort that writing out a note anyway!

What exactly does that link achieve and how

Go to the link listed, then click on "find alternative number"

Then you can either enter the company name or the number you want a landline alternative for.

I have had considerable experience in the delivery biz, as a doer and a receiver. I am aware of the lies told for non delivery. As for Ebay, yes a very good idea to make it known of rubbish couriers and I have done plenty. I can say without a fib RM stands out at being best, not one failure. It is also a good idea to find out who exactly the vendor is before buying, plenty use an English name. However, scrutiny can discover that this is not so and I am not a funder for terrorism. Further TNT a private Dutch no share company is attempting to undermine RM and threaten the universal service. If this is allowed to occur you can say goodbye to cheap postage for all. Please don't gripe at a stamp price, it is very cheap compared to delivering it yourself.

I'm sure there are some trades who visit houses who drop cards in willy-nilly, but I also know there are customers who go out and pretend that they have been in as well.

Sponsored Links
Back