Shed to garage no planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have an old shed in the front garden put in by the previous owners, it never had planning permission but would have needed it. It's been there for 10 + years.

Can I replace this as it's passed it useful life without any planning? I would like to rebuild in brick (same size and place) again would i need planning permission?

If I apply for PP it's likely to be rejected given the area.

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
In a lot of cases demolishing something and then rebuilding on the same spot will require planning as it is seen as a total removal of a building and becoming a bare plot again rather than extending or converting a building. Have you checked if you can do it under Permitted Development rules ?

Thanks, front garden so no PD (odd plot so makes sense to have it on the front)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, ok guess I can replace like with like without planning permission?

Last edited:
Well I can try......i guess it's repairing one panel at a time then...... triggers broom springs to mind!

Still "no" if your cunning plan is to replace it bit by bit to get a new building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back