should I fit cavity vents in old stone built washroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been renovating an old stone house with a suspended timber floor. After much investigating I have been insultating the walls with sheeps wool and no cavity behind the plasterboard. The stone is two foot thick and dry dashed so is very waterproof. So far this has worked well. Air from under the floor can go up through the breathable wool to the loft space although is restricted more than it was when there was no insulation at all.

The house has a washroom on the back with the same stone walls and a concrete floor. This room is stripped and being reframed with a small cavity and insulated with kingspan. My joiner says I should bore a couple of holes to vent the kit?

My concern with this is that the wall will provide not heat retention from the inside then as the outside air will be between the inside face of the stone and the back face of the kingspan partitions. Effectivly the 2 foot stone wall is then only stopping my partition getting wet!

Can I vent the cavity to the room rather than outside?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back