Should the CH flow warm when running DHW?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think the question is self explanatory....

The boiler is a Sime Super 90 Plus combi. It has a brand new diverter valve. When the CH is switched off and the pipes are cold, if I run the DHW until it warms up, the CH flow pipe also warms - is this right? Or is my new diverter valve faulty?

Thanks,

Bob

Sponsored Links
So, is this right? Is it natural that my CH flow pipe warms up, or should it stay stoney-cold?

Bob

Should stay cold. There might be an overrun when hw drawoff stops, which would heat the ch pipe but not for long.

Could be some dirt in the dv.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris,

There is definately something wrong then.... from cold, when I run the DHW the CH flow pipe heats up more than the DHW one!!!! And the diverter valve is only 3 weeks old!

If dirt is the cause, is this valve something which can generally be taken to bits to clean? Whilst I've (obviously) never done this before, I fitted the valve myself so am happy to have a go.

Out of interest, when you install a new dv, is there any configuration to do or is it just plug and play?

Thanks,

Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back