Shower above bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking at installing a shower above my bath as part of a bathroom re-fit. The options I have is;
No.1 chase two copper pipes in to the wall elbow out above the bath and install a bar shower over the bath.
No.2 Have a thermostatic bath shower mixer tap ( Think these are quite expensive?)
No.3 Have a normal bath shower mixer tap.
I already have a bar shower in a downstairs cloak room/ shower room.

Could any plumbers give me any advice on the 3 options given. What pros and cons does each option have?

Sponsored Links
No.2 is the easiest, but as you say, thermostatic ones are expensive and IMO ugly.

No.3 gives no proper temperature control. so do that as a last resort.

No.1 is the most work, but it can give the best results, and has the option of allowing a pumped (power) shower.

As with most things in life, easier jobs come with the most compromises.

Thanks does the thermostatic bath shower mixer allow the water to get piping hot when running a bath though?

Sponsored Links
The mixer should control the water temperature for the bath and the shower, the diverter comes after the control. How hot the water can get depends on how high you can set the mixer; I can't imagine you'd have a problem.

Regarding thermostatic deck mixers being ugly; they're certainly not the minimalist design many people like, but some are quite attractive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back